- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bars (1.4 oz each) chocolate-covered English toffee candy, chopped, OR 3/4 cup toffee chips OR 1/2 cup almond brickle chips
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups (2 1/2x1 1/4 inch), 24 mini cups (1 3/4x1 inch) or 4 jumbo cups (3 1/2x1 3/4 inch), or line with paper baking cups. In large bowl, beat milk, oil and egg with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except candy just until flour is moistened. Reserve 1/4 cup candy; fold remaining candy into batter. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle reserved candy over batter.
- Bake regular-size muffins 18 to 20 minutes, mini 10 to 17 minutes or jumbo 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
Share this Recipe