- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- (Total time will vary; cook or bake time is per batch I found 8 minutes works best.)
Share this Recipe