I made this for Thanksgiving and it lasted exactly 1 hour. It was soo creamy and good
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour you can use 1:1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk of choice (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butternut squash puree I just peel, diced and boiled the squash and the pureed in the blender.
- Cook pasta to al dente adding a generous amount of salt to the pasta water. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour, whisking to combine. Cook for about 1 min. Add the milk, whisking continuously, until it starts to simmer and thicken. Add the fresh herbs and spices. Whisk in the squash puree and heat through. Remove from the heat and add in the cheeses stirring until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Mix in you pasta and add a little pasta water if it seems to thick. Add more and salt and pepper to taste and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Share this Recipe