I saw this recipe and just had to make it. My son bought me curry for Christmas and I was anxious to try a recipe that used it. this turned out to be a really good one. I added chicken but you could easily leave it out to make the dish vegetarian. And it goes in the crock pot so it can cook while your gone. Excellent.
|Cook Time||4 hours|
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 cup carrots (1/4 inch thick) sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 large chicken breast cut in large chuncks
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans chick peas, drained d reserved
- garbanzo beans will work) One 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and chicken; cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add the curry powder, sugar, ginger, garlic and lemon juice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Place the onion mixture in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Pour in the vegetable broth. Stir in the chickpeas and coconut milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve with rice.
Share this Recipe